Perfect Love casts out all fear. Have you been dealing with fear today? This week?
I’ve been dealing with fear; fear that I’m going to mess up this pregnancy. We are so close, and I am afraid that I’ll do something to screw it all up. I’m afraid some random incident is going to happen. As if I really have the power to take this child’s life with my stupidity. Who holds the power of life and death? Not me, but the Lord.
I have been working with my counselor to battle fear. His remedy: The Word Of God. He says, ”You can’t just wait to conjure up ‘good, happy, non-fearful feelings’. Good feelings may never come, and feelings are fleeting; one moment you feel better, the next you feel horrible again. Very unpredictable. Replace wrong feelings with faith. ”
Faith. Faith that controls feelings, faith based on scripture will defeat (he believes) ANY spiritual or mental ailment. After all, God does refer to his Word as the weapon to fight the Enemy (Father of lies). God calls it the Sword of The Spirit; which is the Word of God. (See Eph 6:10-17).
In fact, when Satan was tempting Jesus in the wilderness, it was scripture that Jesus used to fight off Satan (See Matthew 4:1-11). Perhaps we should follow His example when we are tempted by something????? In my case, fear.
What does Gods word say about fear?
1. Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. -1 John 4:18 (its amazing to me that by just simply experiencing Gods love can expel fear. Love it)
2. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10
3. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and sound mind. -2 Timothy 1:7
4. I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. -John 14:27
5. This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. -Joshua 1:9
6. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.- Psalm 56:3
7. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. -Psalm 91:4-8
These are just a few of many. Google: Scripture on fear. Be encouraged by what you find.
Feelings led by faith…not faith led by feelings.